VETcert exam - Practising level


The practising level of the VETcert exam is a one-day exam. It consists of a written exam with multiple choice and open questions and an outdoor part with exercises and oral questioning.

The written part is worth approximately 30% of the overall marks, the outdoor session covers the remaining 70% of the overall marks.

During the outdoor part the candidate is examined by two examiners, asking both generic questions on veteran tree management and questions relating to specific veteran trees. No practical cutting or management work needs to be done, as this is covered by the prerequisites.